Welcome to the www.greatgas.ie web site (“the Site”). References below to “we” and “us” are to Emo Oil Limited trading as GreatGas.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 2015.
What we collect
When you buy goods/services from the website and provide personal data, we need to collect information about you to process the transaction, fulfil the order and provide you with the services expected then and in the future. The information required will include, but is not limited to, details such as: your name, address, phone number and credit/debit card details.
Please note that Debit/Credit Card information is never retained by GreatGs and is only used for the purpose of processing a payment against any individual transaction.
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as eircode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We gather this information to allow the site to process your registration and process any orders you may make. The relevant information is then used by www.emo.ie, our agents and sub-contractors to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provision of the goods or services in general.
We also require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
• We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law. Generally we will only use your information within GreatGas. However, sometimes we use third parties to process your information on our behalf. GreatGas requires these third parties to comply with its instructions and we require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
Right of rectification or erasure
If you would like any of your personal information corrected, if inaccurate, or removed from our files, you can request this to be carried out by emailing us at: email@example.com Please note, however, that if we delete your personal information it may not be possible for us to fully enable you to access all information regarding our products or services which you may request.
Right of access:
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data. GreatGas is entitled to charge a nominal administration fee for this. If you wish to avail of this right, you should submit a written request to:
GreatGas – Data Protection Officer, Clonminan Industrial Estate, Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
In order to protect your privacy, you may also be asked to provide suitable proof of identification. If any of your details are incorrect please let us know and we will amend them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
When you visit our website, our web server collects some basic information such as your internet service provider’s domain name, which pages you accessed on our site, and when.
We use this information only to analyse the use of our website to help guide improvements. We do not collect any personally identifiable information.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
By registering with GreatGs through the Website and placing an order, you consent to receive from us by email information on any goods, services or special offers which we think may be of interest to you.
We will not pass your details on to other parties or sell information from this site.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.